Merry ChristmasDecember 22, 2006
I hope everyone has an incredible Christmas and a terrific New Year's celebration with your friends and family! I will be offline until next year, so here are a few final thoughts.
1. This year's Fellowship Church Christmas service may be the best I have ever seen. If you are in Dallas or Miami, you still have plenty of opportunities to experience it. There's nothing quite like Christmas at Fellowship.
2. Some of our favorite relatives live in Rockford, Illinois. Through the fun of Christmas card updates, we just discovered another reason why they are so wonderful. They have three grand children and their inheritance is a trip to with the grandparents to anywhere in the world! What a perfect idea. It celebrates both exploration and the fact that time with loved ones is more important than money after they're gone.
3. The Blogging Church journey made it's first stop in Anderson, South Carolina. Check out Perry Noble's blog for the full story. The book will start shipping in about three weeks if you want to check it out.
4. The Wii is wonderful! Ben has already received his main gift this year, the Nintendo Wii. The present was for his birthday as well as Christmas, so there was no way we could wait until the 25th to give it to him. Let me just say that it is as amazing as you've heard. Everyone who gives it a try, no matter age or gender, starts smiling and enjoying it immediately. It's simple, elegant, bug-free, and far less expensive than the alternatives. Highly recommended!
5. A brand-new Wall Street Journal debuts on January 2nd. I'm excited to see the new and improved edition.
See you in January!